My co-worker, Janis, got me going on these and I just love making these now to serve over pasta or just as a side dish. Note:When I make them as a side dish I like to use cherry or grape tomatoes and I leave them whole.
7-8 large tomatoes cut in half along the equator (lengthwise for roma types). Green belly-buttons removed ¼ cup olive oil 3-4 cloves garlic Salt and pepper
1. Mixed oil with seasonings and dip halved tomatoes into this mixture.
2. Place cut side up in a large Pyrex pan.
3. Bake at for 45 mins at 250-300F
4. Turnover and bake for another 45 mins
5. Cool and store in ziplock bags in the freezer or serve hot over pasta with tomato sauce, fresh basil and mozzarella.